- Does LGGulf Blog store my personal data?
- What type of news will LGGulf Blog have?
- LGGulf Blog aims to deliver tech and gadget related news to its users. There will be a lot of information regarding LG products (both current and upcoming) as well as coverage of any related events. LGGulf Blog is one of the portals that LG Electronics will be using to communicate with its fans.
- Where can I buy LG products featured in the LGGulf Blog?
- Kindly refer to our ‘Where to buy’ page found in any of the product pages at www.lg.com/ae
- How do I get in touch with the LGGulf Blog team?
- For contact information, please check out our Contact Us page.
- Where else can I go to get the latest LG news?
- To get the latest news about LG products and events, you can visit the LG website, and also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Where else can I go to get detailed specifications on the latest LG products?
- Does LG have any green initiative?
- LG does believe in saving energy and being green. A lot of our products are Eco friendly and have features that can help you consume less energy. You can find these energy saving features in LG TVs, washing machines, refrigerators and many more.
- I’m having trouble accessing/viewing the site, what should I do?
- I recently bought an LG product that has become faulty, who do I talk to?
- For all troubleshooting inquiries kindly contact our customer support line 800 LG.
- Who runs the LGGulf Blog?
- Which LG TV is right for me?
- Picking the right TV is reliant on your typical usage. A Plasma TV would be a good choice for watching sports due to its response time. Plasma TVs also have less strain on the eyes and therefore cause less eye fatigue.
If you want to watch movies in high quality definition or play video games in full HD, then we recommend getting one of our latest LCD or LED TVs.
If you want a more integrated experience, then you might want to consider our new line of Smart TVs that allow you to browse the web, stay in touch with your friends on your favorite social network sites, play media files from your network and much more.
Of course for the best in entertainment, then our latest 3D TVs (such as the Cinema 3D Smart TV) has you covered as they produce stunning Full HD and 3D imagery and also have Smart TV functionality.
- What should I consider when buying my new TV?
- It’s always a good idea to be aware of the latest technologies and their benefits. For example, if you plan to watch a lot of movies, then you’ll need to get an LED TV as it offers the best picture quality. If you’re the type that prefers streaming your media content on to the big screen, then our line of Smart TVs will cover you. Conveniently enough, if you’re interested in 3D media, then our latest smart TV, the LG Cinema 3D Smart TV uses the latest technologies to produce stunning 3D playback.
- What are the key features to look for in an LG TV?
- LG TVs can cover all of your needs. We have the following display technologies: Plasma, LCD, LED and 3D LED. Not sure what’s the difference? Here’s a quick overlook at the key features:
- No eye fatigue
- Wide viewing angle
- Fast response time
- Strengthened glass
- Wide range sizes
- No screen reflectivity
- Improved picture quality
- Energy efficient
- Smart TV functionality
- Support for 3D media
- Wide viewing angle
- Flicker-free images
- Glasses-free 3D
- Glasses don’t need charges
- Smart TV functionality
Smart TV functionality allows you to play media files from your home network straight on your TV without the need to transfer the files. It also allows you to browse the web and download apps for your TV.
Our latest TV, the LG Cinema 3D Smart TV, is not only a top-of-the-line Smart TV, but it also gives you the best in 3D TV display technology as it uses harmless battery-free 3D glasses that require no charging at all. Furthermore, the picture quality is superb as there is no flickering or double images, which can be enjoyed while sitting, lying down or from any angle.
- What is a smart TV?
- Smart TVs offer users the experience of connecting online to browse the web, watch videos online, download apps for their TVs and also communicate with their friends and families via their favorite social networking sites.
- What is FPR technology?
- Our patented FPR technology is our way of bringing you next generation 3D displays. 3D TVs equipped with FPR (Film-type Patterned Retarder) will have the added functionality of wide viewing angles, no flickering images or visual distortion. Furthermore, there is no need to use 3D active shutter glasses which means that our 3D glasses are light, do not emit harmful electromagnetic waves and do not need batteries.
- How good is the LG Optimus Black's display?
- The LG Optimus Black has the clearest and brightest 4-inch screen than any smartphone available today. The LG Optimus Black's NOVA display is designed to be the brightest, clearest and most readable among mobile screens with 700 nits of brightness for optimal visibility. NOVA technology keeps the display clear whether you're indoors or outdoors, and even under strong sunlight. Measuring just 9.2mm (6mm at its thinnest point) and weighing 109 grams, the LG Optimus Black delivers higher levels of brightness and pure white tones for the truest of blacks and whites. This means consumers can enjoy an easier, more natural experience when browsing the web, reading emails, or writing documents.
- Do LG have any tablet products?
- Yes LG does have a tablet called Optimus Pad. But this product has not been launched in Gulf region.
- With the LG Optimus 3D (P920), can you record in 3D?
- Yes you can record and share 3D content in the palm of your hand, you can also view all the recorded 3D contents on a 4.3" scratch resistant touch screen without using 3D glasses. You can record HD videos (720p) in 3D mode and Full HD videos (1080p) in 2D mode of the camera.
- How do you share 3D content with the LG Optimus 3D phone?
- You can share and view 3D videos on a large screen with a HDMI 1.4 connection to a 3D equipped TV or monitor, or with DLNA Certified compatible products. Also, share and view your memorable moments in 3D online, by uploading 3D content through the 3D channel on YouTube. Youtube's 3D channel has already been pre-installed in the device.
- What should one consider while purchasing LG notebooks?
- There are many things to consider such as display size, display technology used (LED, 3D, etc…), the processor speed, the hard drive capacity and available RAM. Every user’s needs are different, so we provide our users with a combination of notebooks that focus on different functions & usability.
- What is the difference between notebooks and netbooks?
- Notebooks have higher specification and better processing features that allow users to use them for a variety of purposes. Netbooks on the other hand are smaller, lighter and also lower in price. Netbooks are targeted at users that have primary computer needs such as browsing the web and chatting.
- What are the benefits of using netbooks?
- Netbooks are more portable than Traditional Notebooks as they are smaller and lighter. Furthermore, some netbooks come with 3G connectivity and LG is leader in 3G netbooks allowing you to be online wherever you are. Because of netbooks’ low processing power, they have longer battery lives than notebooks.
- Does LG offer notebooks based on my needs?
- Yes, as we have notebooks that support many of consumer needs whether in terms of portability (P / A Series), gaming (3D – A Series) or multimedia consumption.
- Are there any accessories I can get for my LG notebook or netbook?
- You can enjoy a abundant attractive accessories such as carry case which is given as value added benefit to consumer & hard drives, optical drives as optional
- What types of monitors does LG offer?
- LG has vast range of monitors line up which cater various segments, whether using as entertainment or gaming aspect consumer can best experience LG LED Monitor, IPS Monitor & 3D Monitor products for various solutions.
- What’s the difference between consumer and commercial monitors?
- Consumer monitors can be used at home or office with a computer and notebooks as secondary display, while commercial monitors usually come in bigger sizes and are used for display purposes in either vertical or horizontal positions.
- What can I use the LG stretch monitors for?
- Stretched monitors offer users with more viewing space and a bigger work environment. They are also used as in store displays that can be position horizontally or vertically. These monitors are basically use for information such as airport, fashion stores, stock exchange & outdoor advertisement.
- What is LG’s IPS technology?
- LG’s IPS technology gives the monitors a super wider viewing angle which allow you to enjoy consistent images in true color from the front, side, above below and just about anywhere you stand from any angle without any distortion in color. Pictures displayed with IPS technology are also shown with the identical color tone of the original images.
- Can I use any of LG’s monitors for my computer games?
- Yes you can. LG monitors can offer you a Full HD experience with stunning colors, LG CINEMA 3D is a whole new generation of 3D Monitor that applies the new FPR* technology, bringing the superior quality of modern 3D cinema to Monitor for the first time while taking the burden off your eyes. FPR 3D technology works via comfortable, non-electronic polarized glasses and an FPR film on the monitor panel that does most of the work. FPR is the final step towards the ultimately glasses-free, panel-generated 3D monitor of the future.
Optical Storage including External Hard Disk
- What type of storage solutions does LG offer?
- LG offers optical solutions in the form of internal and external DVD and Blu-Ray writers as well as external hard drives.
- What is Blu-Ray?
- Blu-Rau is an optical storage technology developed by Sony that allows content providers to write data of up to 50Gb in capacity. What that means is that Blu-Ray discs allows them to provide you with high quality movies due to the available space. Furthermore, you can now enjoy 3D movies at home thanks to 3D Blu-Ray.
- What is the difference between internal and external writers?
- Internal writers can be installed into your computers and are not removable, while external writers are portable and can connect to your computers and notebooks, adding that extra functionality.
- What type of hard disks can I buy from LG?
- There are two types of hard disks that you can buy: portable theater hard drive and regular data hard drives.
- What can I do with an LG portable theater hard disk?
- With an LG portable theater hard disk, you can carry around your favorite media files and display them on any TV or projector with Full HD experience. Our wifi version also allows you to access files on your home network and from the web.
- What are the benefits of using an LED Projector at home?
- There are many benefits of using LED Projectors at home, to being with, the size of LED projector that can be easily kept in any room, or just stored in a small bag. Secondly the electric consumption is very low so it reduces cost comparing with bigger projectors that consume 250 to 300 watts electricity. Thirdly the with extended lamp life of 30,000 hours (that’s 20 years if you used it for 4 hours a day).
- Which projector should I buy?
- The purchase of projector depends upon your usage, and space. If you have a dedicated home theater room, you should definitely consider buying either a LG 3D projector CF3D, or a Full HD home cinema projector like AF115 or AF118. If you want to get a every day use projector you should definitely choose LG LED projectors like HS200G, HX300G, or soon to be launched wide screen 720p LED HW300Y Projector.
- Which devices are LG projectors compatible with?
- LG projectors are compatible with almost any all the AV Products like DVD Player, BD Players, Media players, and not to exclude note books and Desktop computers.
- Is the image quality of LG projectors on par with full HD TVs?
- The LG Home cinema Projectors produce either by par or even better quality contents comparing Full HD TVs.
- How big are the LG projectors?
- We have great lineup of Projectors starting from Ultra portable LED projectors that start at 800 grams and 3” by 6” up to as big as 3D Projectors that weigh 21 kgs and 22” long by 21” wide projectors.
- What are the built-in appliances I can get from LG?
- You can get the following Built-in Appliances from LG: Electric ovens, Electric/Gas Hobs, Hoods, Microwave ovens, Dishwashers and Refrigerators; products which provide the latest technology in energy efficiency and functionality.
- Why should I consider getting built-in appliances from LG?
- Quality is defined not only by technological progress and simplicity of use but also in superior design, ensuring your complete satisfaction. LG Built in appliances offers innovative functions and stylish designs.
- How can the LG built-in appliances help me with my cooking?
- LG Built In appliances guarantees the best performance and convenience, making your cooking as worthwhile as that of a professional cook.
- Are the built-in appliances from LG any different from the external appliances?
- LG Electronics has always led the market with premium Freestanding Home Appliances, designed to satisfy customer needs. To provide Premium Kitchen Appliances packages, we offer the LG Built in Appliances.
- Will the LG built-in appliances affect the look of my kitchen?
- LG Built In Appliances creates a highly Elegant kitchen, with complete comfort and convenience for you